Wednesday 19 February 2014

Loch Lomond Shonai and Yuza Sashiko course - update with photos


The Loch Lomond sashiko group have now had their sixth session and they have produced lots of amazing sashiko samples.  Here's a selection. I can't label them all with everyone's names, as I got a bit mixed up on the editing and got the files out of order! I can work out which ones are Rhona's and Isabel's, and I think I know which set belongs to Sue, but I am mainly having to go by the coloured threads/fabrics used to guess.  Shonai sashiko, done well, can mean it is a bit tricky to pick out even your own work - so we started a system of each person overlocking their edges with a different thread colour, from the start of the course.  These pieces, and those not yet finished, will be combined into a patchwork and sashiko sampler and we are hoping to show them at my exhibition at the Loch Lomond Quilt Show in May, when there will also be an opportunity to try sashiko under the expert tuition of Yuza Sashiko Guild members.  Keep stitching!!






1 comment:

Lis Harwood said...

I am impressed with how much everyone has done and it all looks very fine work.