Friday 2 October 2015

Forthcoming sashiko day workshops


I'm teaching a few day workshops locally, as well as running the sashiko courses at Kaleidoscope and Edinburgh Patchwork.  On Friday 9th October, I'm teaching at The Peacock and the Tortoise in Perth - all the details are in the link.  We are doing the 'Introduction to Shonai Sashiko'.  The photo above shows some of my workshop samples.

 
On Saturday 24th October I'm at a workshop organised by Clare Workman of Thistle Threads.  We will be getting started with the gorgeous sampler table runner from my first sashiko book.  I love this design, which I have also made into a version of the Rice Sack Bag.  It plays with several variations on asanoha (hemp leaf) and shippo (seven treasures), all based on the same marking grid.  Clare has booked St Andrews hall at Callander for our workshop venue, and the workshop fee of £50 includes delicious home baking and a soup & home made bread lunch.  To book this workshop call Clare on 01877 382924.

No comments: