Tuesday 26 April 2016

Fanoe II - in yukata cottons


100% vintage Japanese yukata cottons, some produced using chusen stencilling, with a few printed and one woven, for a remake of my Fanoe quilt.  I will have the pattern available at the Knitting and Stitching Show at Edinburgh this week and the quilt top on show.  Eventually it will be hand quilted.  After getting the borders on today (a bit delayed due to an eye problem which lost me a couple of days of being able to see properly), the weather was really a bit too windy to take a photo outside, so Glyn ended up having to pin the quilt to the garage wall (luckily, it is wooden), so the quilt top didn't take off!  I am very pleased with how it has worked out.  Using large scale prints really adds to this design.  The first version was red and white but I always planned to make it in blues.

No comments: