Tuesday 30 August 2016

Great Northern Quilt Show again!


The Great Northern Quilt Show at Harrogate opens on Friday for three days.  We will be in the brand new hall at the showground, so it will be interesting to see what it is like!


Like last year, I had a demo stand and a sales stand together, so we have brought lots of lovely Japanese silks, wools and cottons, including some new narrow width plain fabrics that are perfect for sashiko, the fine Yuza Sashiko thread, needles, marking pens etc.  Unfortunately, due to the fall in the exchange rate against the Yen, I had quite a shock when I ordered pens and needles today, and the prices have had to go up a bit.  However, I managed to place a big order for fabrics just before the referendum, so while prices per metre have gone up a little, it isn't as much as might be expected, given that the £GBP is now around only two thirds of what it was this time last year.


I remade Fanoe in blue and white yukata fabrics earlier in the year and I have restocked with lots of these wonderful vintage blues. I also have a big selection of more colourful chusen stencilled yukata cottons with larger patterns, which I am selling in 1m increments.  They make excellent panels for Japanese style 'scroll' wallhangings.  The one I'm making, with the noshi (ribbon bundle) motif on an indigo background, is hanging on the far right in this photo.


No comments: