Friday 16 September 2016

More photos from the Great Northern Quilt Show


Here is a selection of quilts from the show a couple of weeks ago, starting with best in show.  Enjoy! Left click on the photos to see them in more detail.




I chose this wonderful small Welsh style wholecloth as my Judge's Choice.  Gorgeous.





Had this pictorial quilt been in the competition, it would have been a very tough decision between it and the Welsh quilt!









Barbara's quilts will be shown at the Scottish Quilt Championships next weekend.



 Liz Binns students produced some superb frame quilts.  There isn't room to show them all, but I particularly liked the graded pinwheels in the border of this one.













This quilt was very interesting for me, as it was made from a Golden Hands book published in the 1970s - what a real 70s quilt looks like.








Andrea Stracke's wholecloth (above) and a lovely quilt in Kaffe Fassett prints and plaids - but I can't see the maker's name!  If you know, please tell me.

No comments: