Monday 10 October 2016

Edinburgh - first sashiko class


Our new sashiko course at Edinburgh Patchwork got off to a great start on Saturday.  As well as the more usual versions of jujizashi ('10' cross stitch) and komezashi (rice stitch) that were made, Fiona came up with this variation on jujizashi -


And Stephen experimented with this version of komezashi -


I must find where I put my book about the Awaji fishermen's donza, as there are very similar variations in that book.

I'm back in Edinburgh next Saturday for a talk about the 1718 coverlet at Thistle Quilters - https://sites.google.com/site/thistlequilters/program  In addition to it being a bit of a Q & A about the coverlet, I'm going to show the slideshow of how the book was made and run another slide show of the coverlet detail photos during our question and answer session.  Should be interesting!

No comments: