Wednesday 12 October 2016

Lots of things in today's post including...


Sidmouth Revisited.  The quilt came back by courier today and my subscription copy of the magazine arrived as well, so it will be in the shops in a few days.  The quilt looks lovely in the styled photo (detail above) and as usual the magazine has done a terrific job with the instructions and diagrams.  For a quilt that looks fairly random and isn't difficult to put together, it has a lot of subtle differences in measurements as the patchwork progresses outwards through the various frames.

Now 'all' I have to do is add some more quilting and make sure I get my entry forms in for the West Country Quilt Show next month!

The other things that came were some more Japanese plain cottons for sashiko.  As the reds and browns have been very popular and sold out quickly last time, I've now got plenty.  The darker red will make a great background for one of the panels I'm stitching for the one off workshop at Edinburgh Patchwork in December - more details of that soon.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

I saw the photos of your fabulous quilt in the magazine today too. It looks fantastic. I shall definitely be coming to Bristol to see it on display.

Susie Q said...

Sooooo what is the magazine? With the name it is hard to go find it .......

Susan Briscoe said...

It is in Today's Quilter.