Tuesday 15 August 2017

Festival of Quilts - trees and landscapes



I had 1 1/2 days with Glyn and my friend Fiona at Festival of Quilts last weekend.  It wasn't really long enough, but was the most we could fit in this year, and still have enough annual leave for Glyn to do some of the autumn shows with me.  We packed in as much as we could during the time we were there, but it was impossible to take more than a few steps without bumping into someone we knew.

We hadn't been there more than 10 minutes before Stuart Hillard spotted me.  I have lost count of the number of people we met.  FoQ is an amazing event just on the social side.

I'm starting my TV 'career' with Sewing Quarter on September 4th, if all goes according to plan.  Jenny Fox-Proverbs wanted me on the show from the start, but with me in Scotland and their studios being in Birmingham, it has taken a bit of organising.


There was so much to see and we tried to cover as much as possible.  Here is a random selection of tree and landscape themed quilts that we liked, including more abstract pieces, both from the competitions and the individual galleries.  Click on the photos to enlarge them.  I've included the quilt labels to identify the makers.  There will be hundreds of photos from the show all over the internet, so I thought it would be more interesting to give a themed selection, rather than concentrating on the winners.

 

 























































I tried to capture the sparkle in this short video clip -










More soon!

No comments: